Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA:

MLB Face Masks - Official MLB Face Masks Online Store 25 Dez 2020 09:00 #69827

Tim Kurkjian: The biggest trade I ever covered at the winter meetings came on Dec. 5, 1990, at the meetings outside of Chicago. The Toronto Blue Jays sent first baseman Fred McGriff and shortstop Tony Fernandez to the San Diego Padres for second baseman Roberto Alomar and outfielder Joe Carter. McGriff had hit 105 home runs in his previous three seasons combined; someday he might be a Hall of Famer. Fernandez had made the All-Star team in three of his previous four seasons, an excellent player in his prime. Carter had averaged nearly 30 homers a year for the previous four seasons; he, of course, hit the walk-off home run to win the 1993 World Series for the Blue Jays. Alomar was the best player on two World Series championship teams (1992 and 1993) in Toronto and would be a first-ballot Hall of Famer. The day of the trade, some in the media called it the Fred McGriff trade, the Joe Carter trade, the Tony Fernandez trade. Blue Jays general manager Pat Gillick whispered to me late that night, "This will always be known as the Roberto Alomar trade.'' Kansas City Royals Face Masks

Shoulder's OK! Belli goes deep in Game 1

Bellinger entered the game 5-for-44 (.114) in 12 career World Series games. The blast marked his second World Series big fly and was his fourth homer of this postseason, tying him for the third-most homers by a Dodgers player in a single postseason, behind teammate and NLCS MVP Corey Seager in 2020 (six) and Davey Lopes in 1978 (five).

Including his NLCS-clinching homer in Game 7 on Sunday, the 25-year-old has gone deep in successive games. Bill Madlock is the only player in Dodgers history to homer in three straight playoff games, having done so in the 1985 NLCS.

"It was one of those where it's the first time I challenged it, and I closed to the wall, I dropped it, and then my shoulder hit the wall,” Bellinger said. “And then, I was, 'OK. I'm fine.' Mookie and [Chris Taylor] are like, 'All right, listen. Now you know. You're going to come up with a catch later in the game.’

Still not feeling good enough to take his chances with another elbow bump, though. The foot tap is funnier, anyway.

“I think I'll continue to do that,” Bellinger said. “Maybe my whole career -- who knows?” Texas Rangers Face Masks

At present, that description can be turned into an apropos observation about the lagging hot stove season. Very slow. Painfully slow. The transactional version of a baserunner with an OBR of E, like a current-day Albert Pujols trying to leg out a triple.

mlb-facemasks.com
Mlb Team Face Coverings

Rogers: The speaker of the quote is easy; picking just one from Scott Boras is another story. There are many, but how about this one, regarding the Yankees being slow to make moves one offseason: "When the nurse comes into your room with a thermometer, the issue isn't the temperature of the patient that day. It's their health when they're ready to leave the hospital. And they're not ready to leave the hospital."

Slugger Bryce Harper is the team's highest-paid player after signing a 13-year, $330 million deal before the 2019 season. Wheeler is a one year into the five-year, $118 million deal he signed with the Phillies last winter, as Philadelphia looked to progress beyond a frustrating 81-81 season in 2019. MLB Face Masks

MLB tightening virus protocols, including masks in dugouts

NEW YORK — Major League Baseball is cracking down on coronavirus safety protocols, mandating that players and staff wear face coverings at all times, including in the dugouts and bullpens, except for players on the field of play.

The league sent a memo to teams Wednesday outlining changes to its 2020 operations manual after outbreaks on the Miami Marlins and St. Louis Cardinals led to 21 postponements in the first two weeks of a shortened 60-game season.

The memo, obtained by The Associated Press on Wednesday night, says that repeated or flagrant violators of the protocols could be banned from participating in the 2020 season and postseason.

That includes those who don’t wear face coverings while watching from the dugout. Although such measures were suggested in MLB’s operations manual before Wednesday, some players have continued to not wear face masks, offer high fives, spit and violate the protocols in other ways during games.

Umpires are also being instructed to wear face masks at all times, except when it would make it unfeasible for them to do their jobs. San Diego Padres Face Masks

These New York Yankees Gameday Gaiter Scarves will keep your neck covered with lightweight, breathable material that will help you represent your favorite player whenever you put it on.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

• Seite:

Wir nutzen Cookies auf unserer Website. Einige von ihnen sind essenziell für den Betrieb der Seite, während andere uns helfen, diese Website und die Nutzererfahrung zu verbessern (Tracking Cookies). Sie können selbst entscheiden, ob Sie die Cookies zulassen möchten. Bitte beachten Sie, dass bei einer Ablehnung womöglich nicht mehr alle Funktionalitäten der Seite zur Verfügung stehen.